Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Landmarks

               photo 5

                                                                    operationbeautiful.com


I will be the first to admit that I have struggled with food, body, and health issues in the not so distant past.  I don't make it a large part of this blog for several reasons: a) its not my favorite subject, b) theres MANY things I would rather talk and think about, c) I have read some blogs myself where the author is/was struggling with an ED and find that when not written tactfully, it can be triggering, and d) the subject does not define me and so I do not want it to define my blog. 

Blah, blah, blah, ANYWAYS that all being said, I have met some tremendous landmarks in my healing process, come a long way, and these accomplishments are a part of what defines me.

- I no longer deal with hunger pangs or headaches.  These simply are not part of my day-to-day life any more.

- My body no longers aches or feels overwhelmingly tired on a daily basis.  I feel strong instead.

- My body and I are communicating again.  I don't have to eat certain amounts at certain times.  When I'm hungry, I am.  When I'm not, I'm not.  I also don't eat to a point of being too full now.  Early on in the healing stages, I tended to overeat.  Probably because my body had literally been starving and now faced with nutrients, it went a little overboard to stock up.  But usually, I ended up uncomfortably full.

-I feel happier.  I am not a fraction as moody, tired, or withdrawn; I am me again.
                                       


                                  (yes, this is first image that comes to mind when talking about feeling happy...)

I can call these landmarks because I have met them and sustained them for quite some time now.  I am a work in progress still, but aren't we all?  And if we aren't... maybe we should be.  Change is good for the soul and you should never stop seeking your best self.

No comments:

Post a Comment