Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I WUV GRANOLA

I can't help it.  Anything of the oats or granola variety, I just love.  Granola bars are no exception.  I am on a constant quest to find the perfect granola bar - good amount of fiber, no refined white sugar & 5 grams or less of added sugar, and a good amount of protein.  Not to mention good, wholesome ingredients! 

Most recently, I have been snacking (feasting) upon Kashi TLC Honey Almond Flax bars.  7 grams of protein, decent amount of fiber, and only 5 grams of sugar.  Plus the almond and flax boost and no strange, unidentifiable artificial ingreds.

Now, I have some new friends, though they are not as easily accessible as Kashi brands, which seem to have sprung up just about everywhere.

First, Naked Granola Taste of Down Under Granola Bar - this flavor offers (yummm) white Chocolate, cashews, macadamia nuts and cranberries.

This bar again only has 5 grams of sugar and NO sugar added, as well as only the most wholesome, natural ingredients, including organic oats, no hydrogenated oil, no eggs, 8 Fruits, Nuts and Seeds, and plenty of omega-3's.  And it tastes sooo gooood - cinnamon-y and soft.  I want to try to replicate the recipe...


Finally, Gnu Foods Bars in any flavor really... but I have been buying up the chocolate brownie as a bit of a treat. 

These bars are sweetened all-naturally and made with organic rolled oats.  They also pack a whopping 48% of daily fiber!  Since I eat plenty of fruit and veggies and am not needing for extra fiber per-say, I enjoy half of one of these bars instead of a whole one.  They are flavorful and delicious, soft and chewy.

Chocolate Brownie

Both of these brands offer websites where you can purchase their bars - Naked Granola is available only in bulk (I'm dying to try the other flavors, but they are hard to find in stores) and Gnu Bars are available both in bulk or individually.  I'm tellin ya, if you're a granola-girl too, check these out.  They are a nice mix-up, both taste very different than most bars I have sampled (and I have sampled a lot)

No comments:

Post a Comment