Part of me is craving peanut blossoms...
48 Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until just the edges are lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie. Cool completely.
Calories: 90, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 75mg,
Total Carbohydrate: 10g, Dietary Fiber: less than 1g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 2g
Or maybe a family favorite, Melt-aways (I know some people refer to these little buttery treats as Russian Tea Cakes or Mexican Wedding Cookies)....
- 1 cup butter or Earth Balance, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (or do 1 cup of whole-wheat flour for a healthier touch)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Powdered sugar to garnish the cookies
Heat oven to 400ºF.
Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour and salt until dough holds together.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack.
Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.
Scroll to TopScroll to Top